*210.700. Definitions — As used in sections 210.700 to 210.760, the following words and terms shall have the meanings indicated:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 210.700
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Guardian: if used in a section in a context relating to property rights or obligations, means conservator of the estate as defined in Missouri Laws 1.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) “Child” shall mean a person under the age of eighteen years whose custody has been committed to an authorized agency by an order of a judge, or by a surrender agreement, or who has been committed temporarily to the care of an authorized agency by a parent, guardian or relative within the second degree of consanguinity.
(2) “Foster care” shall mean care provided a child in a foster home, a group home, agency, child care institution, or any combination thereof.