210.817. Definitions. — As used in sections 210.817 to 210.852, the following terms mean:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 210.817
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) “Blood tests”, any medically recognized analysis which uses blood or other body tissue or fluid to isolate and identify genetic or other characteristics in order to determine the probability of paternity or the probability of exclusion of paternity. The term specifically includes, without being limited to, tests employing red cell antigens, white cell antigens, including the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) test, DNA methodology, and serum proteins and enzymes;
(2) “Bureau”, the bureau of vital records of the department of health and senior services;
(3) “Parent”, either a natural or an adoptive parent;
(4) “Parent and child relationship”, the legal relationship existing between a child and his natural or adoptive parents incident to which the law confers or imposes rights, privileges, duties, and obligations. It includes the mother and child relationship and the father and child relationship.