1. Any person serving as a member of a board or commission may indicate that such member wishes to contribute all or any part of the per diem or expense reimbursement received for such service on the board or commission to a fund to be administered by the division of youth services for the counseling, treatment and therapy of children who have been sexually, physically or emotionally abused. The office of administration shall design vouchers for the payment of the per diem or expense reimbursement to allow the person to designate if all or part of the money the person is entitled to receive is to be deposited in the “Youth Services Treatment Fund”, which is hereby created in the state treasury. All per diem and expense reimbursement amounts which are contributed shall be deposited with the state treasurer in the fund. The division of youth services advisory board created in chapter 219 shall make recommendations to the governor and the department of social services for the expenditure of the money in the fund.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 33.080, moneys in the fund at the end of any biennium shall not be transferred to the general revenue fund.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 219.048
- Board: the state advisory board of youth services. See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Department: the department of social services. See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Division: the division of youth services (DYS). See Missouri Laws 219.011
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Youth: a person under twenty-one years of age committed to the custody of the division of youth services. See Missouri Laws 219.011