1. In case the operator or the owner of a motor vehicle involved in an accident within this state has no license or registration, or is a nonresident, he shall not be allowed a license or registration until he has complied with the requirements of this chapter to the same extent that would be necessary if, at the time of the accident, he had held a license and registration.
2. When a nonresident’s operating privilege is suspended pursuant to section 303.030 or section 303.140, the director shall transmit a certified copy of the record of such action to the official in charge of the issuance of licenses and registration certificates in the state in which such nonresident resides, if the law of such other state provides for action in relation thereto similar to that provided for in subsection 3 of this section.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 303.080
- Director: director of revenue of the state of Missouri, acting directly or through his authorized officers and agents. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- License: an operator's or driver's license, temporary instruction permit, chauffeur's or registered operator's license issued under the laws of this state. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Motor vehicle: a self-propelled vehicle which is designed for use upon a highway, except trailers designed for use with such vehicles, traction engines, road rollers, farm tractors, tractor cranes, power shovels, well drillers and motorized bicycles, as defined in section Missouri Laws 303.020
- Nonresident: a person not a resident of the state of Missouri. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Operator: a person who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Owner: a person who holds the legal title to a motor vehicle. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Registration: registration certificate or certificates and registration plates issued under the laws of this state pertaining to the registration of motor vehicles. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- State: any state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or any province of the Dominion of Canada. See Missouri Laws 303.020
3. Upon receipt of such certification that the operating privilege of a resident of this state has been suspended or revoked in any such other state pursuant to a law providing for its suspension or revocation for failure to deposit security for the payment of judgments arising out of a motor vehicle accident, under circumstances which would require the director to suspend a nonresident’s operating privilege had the accident occurred in this state, the director shall suspend the license of such resident if he was the operator, and all of his registrations if he was the owner of a motor vehicle involved in such accident. Such suspension shall continue until such resident furnishes evidence of his compliance with the law of such other state relating to the deposit of such security.