1. Whenever any person fails within sixty days to satisfy any final judgment in amounts and upon a cause of action as herein stated, it shall be the duty of the clerk of the court, or of the judge of a court which has no clerk, in which any such judgment is rendered within this state, to forward to the director immediately after the expiration of said sixty days, a certified copy of such judgment.
2. If the defendant named in any certified copy of a judgment reported to the director is a nonresident, the director shall immediately transmit a certified copy of the judgment to the official in charge of the issuance of licenses and registration certificates of the state of which the defendant is a resident.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 303.090
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Director: director of revenue of the state of Missouri, acting directly or through his authorized officers and agents. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Judgment: a final judgment by a court of competent jurisdiction of any state or of the United States, upon a claim for relief for damages, including damages for care and loss of services, because of bodily injury to or death of any person, or for damages because of injury to or destruction of property, including the loss of use thereof, or upon a claim for relief on any agreement or settlement for such damages arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of any motor vehicle. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- Nonresident: a person not a resident of the state of Missouri. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Registration: registration certificate or certificates and registration plates issued under the laws of this state pertaining to the registration of motor vehicles. See Missouri Laws 303.020
- State: any state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or any province of the Dominion of Canada. See Missouri Laws 303.020