New York Laws > Insurance > Article 51 – Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance Reparations
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In New York Laws > Insurance > Article 51 - Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance Reparations
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.