1. The Missouri state board of accountancy shall have power by rule to adopt and use a seal; make and amend all rules deemed necessary for the proper administration of this chapter; conduct examinations; administer oaths and hear testimony regarding complaints, investigations and disciplinary actions or in pursuing settlement as provided by section 621.110, or preparatory to the filing of a complaint pursuant to section 621.045; require by summons or subpoena the attendance and testimony of witnesses, and the production of books, papers and documents with respect to testimony regarding complaints, investigations and disciplinary actions or in pursuing settlement; and do and perform all other acts and things committed to its charge and administration, or incidental thereto.
2. The board shall maintain its office in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 326.262
- Board: the Missouri state board of accountancy established under section Missouri Laws 326.256
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U. See Missouri Laws 326.256
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.