As used in sections 367.500 to 367.533, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms mean:
(1) “Borrower”, a person who borrows money pursuant to a title loan agreement;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 367.500
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) “Capital”, the assets of a person less the liabilities of that person. Assets and liabilities shall be measured according to generally accepted accounting principles;
(3) “Certificate of title”, a state-issued certificate of title or certificate of ownership for personal property;
(4) “Director”, the director of the division of finance or its successor agency;
(5) “Person”, any resident of the state of Missouri or any business entity formed under Missouri law or duly qualified to do business in Missouri;
(6) “Pledged property”, personal property, ownership of which is evidenced and delineated by a title;
(7) “Title lender”, a person qualified to make title loans pursuant to sections 367.500 to 367.533 who maintains at least one title lending office within the state of Missouri, which office is open for the conduct of business not less than thirty hours per week, excluding legal holidays;
(8) “Title lending office” or “title loan office”, a location at which, or premises in which, a title lender regularly conducts business;
(9) “Title loan agreement”, a written agreement between a borrower and a title lender in a form which complies with the requirements of sections 367.500 to 367.533. The title lender shall perfect its lien pursuant to sections 301.600 to 301.660 but need not retain physical possession of the titled personal property at any time; and
(10) “Titled personal property”, any personal property excluding property qualified to be a personal dwelling the ownership of which is evidenced by a certificate of title.