475.230. Sales of real estate, how made — notice required. — 1. Sales of real estate of protectees shall be conducted in the same manner and the same proceedings shall be had with reference thereto as in cases of sale of real estate of decedents for payment of claims.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.230
- Claims: liabilities of the protectee arising in contract, in tort or otherwise, before or after the appointment of a conservator, and liabilities of the estate which arise at or after the adjudication of disability or after the appointment of a conservator of the estate, including expenses of the adjudication and of administration. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Protectee: a person for whose estate a conservator or limited conservator has been appointed or with respect to whose estate a transaction has been authorized by the court under section Missouri Laws 475.010
2. Unless waived by the court for cause, the protectee shall have ten days’ prior notice of a required court hearing on the petition for the sale of the protectee’s real or tangible personal property. The protectee is not entitled to notice of a hearing on the petition for the sale of the protectee’s intangible personal property.