1. A person commits the offense of child molestation in the second degree if he or she:
(1) Subjects a child who is less than twelve years of age to sexual contact; or
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 566.068
- Aggravated sexual offense: any sexual offense, in the course of which, the actor:
(a) Inflicts serious physical injury on the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Sexual contact: any touching of another person with the genitals or any touching of the genitals or anus of another person, or the breast of a female person, or such touching through the clothing, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person or for the purpose of terrorizing the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010
(2) Being more than four years older than a child who is less than seventeen years of age, subjects the child to sexual contact and the offense is an aggravated sexual offense.
2. The offense of child molestation in the second degree is a class B felony.