1. A person commits the offense of child molestation in the third degree if he or she subjects a child who is less than fourteen years of age to sexual contact.
2. The offense of child molestation in the third degree is a class C felony, unless committed by the use of forcible compulsion, in which case it is a class B felony.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 566.069
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Sexual contact: any touching of another person with the genitals or any touching of the genitals or anus of another person, or the breast of a female person, or such touching through the clothing, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person or for the purpose of terrorizing the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010