44-6-107. Expungement of DNA records. If a conviction of a felony offense or the adjudication of a youth for a sexual or violent offense is reversed, the record relating to the offense must be expunged from the DNA identification index. The county attorney of the county in which the conviction occurred shall notify the department of a reversal of a conviction for the offense or adjudication.
Terms Used In Montana Code 44-6-107
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the department of justice provided for in 2-15-2001. See Montana Code 44-6-101
- DNA: means deoxyribonucleic acid. See Montana Code 44-6-101
- DNA identification index: means the DNA identification record system established under 44-6-102. See Montana Code 44-6-101
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Violent offense: has the meaning contained in 46-23-502. See Montana Code 44-6-101