For purposes of the Museum Property Act:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 51-702
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: shall include bodies politic and corporate, societies, communities, the public generally, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, and associations. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(1) Claimant means a person who files a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum as provided in section 51-706 ;
(2) Claimant’s address means the most recent address as shown on a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum or notice of change of address, which notice is on file with the museum;
(3) Lender means a person whose name appears on the records of the museum as the person legally entitled to or claiming to be legally entitled to property held by the museum;
(4) Lender’s address means the most recent address as shown on the museum’s records pertaining to the property on loan from the lender;
(5) Loan means a deposit of property not accompanied by a transfer of permanent title to the property;
(6) Museum means an institution located in Nebraska and operated by a nonprofit corporation or a public agency, primarily for educational, scientific, historic preservation, or aesthetic purposes, and which owns, borrows, cares for, exhibits, studies, archives, or catalogs property. Museum includes, but is not limited to, historical societies, historic sites or landmarks, parks, monuments, libraries, and zoos;
(7) Permanent loan means a loan of property to a museum for an indefinite period;
(8) Property means a tangible object, animate or inanimate, under a museum’s care, which has intrinsic historic, artistic, scientific, or cultural value; and
(9) Undocumented property means property in the possession of a museum for which the museum cannot determine the owner by reference to the museum’s records.
- Laws 1996, LB 1276, § 2.