Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 81-173
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(1) Renewal work means any (a) deferred or preventive maintenance projects that will restore facilities and utility systems as closely as practicable to their original constructed condition as defined by the Task Force for Building Renewal, (b) projects that will bring facilities into compliance with current fire safety, life safety, and hazardous materials abatement requirements, and (c) projects that will bring facilities into compliance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The standard of quality maintenance shall be set after consideration of the facility users, geographical location, condition, and physical analysis of each building;
(2) Deferred maintenance means any measures taken to: (a) Correct or repair structural or mechanical defects that would endanger the integrity of a building or its components or allow unwanted penetration of the building by the outdoor elements; (b) correct or repair structural, mechanical, or other defects in a building or its components or utility systems which endanger the lives or health of state employees or the general public; (c) bring a building into compliance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; (d) correct a waste of energy, including minor repairs, alteration and maintenance painting, cost of materials, hiring of building maintenance personnel, and other necessary expenses for the maintenance of roofs, exterior walls, retaining walls, foundations, flooring, ceilings, partitions, doors, building hardware, windows, plaster, structural ironwork, screens, plumbing, heating, air-handling, and air conditioning equipment, or electrical systems, but excluding decorative finish or furnishing or building additions; or (e) conduct an energy audit;
(3) Preventive maintenance means any measures taken to maintain the structural or mechanical integrity of a building or its components including those measures listed in subdivision (2) of this section; and
(4) Task force means the Task Force for Building Renewal.
- Laws 1977, LB 309, § 1;
- Laws 1980, LB 835, § 1;
- Laws 1982, LB 604, § 1;
- Laws 1993, LB 369, § 1;
- Laws 1998, LB 1100, § 14;
- Laws 1998, LB 1129, § 15;
- Laws 2011, LB228, § 1.