1.  After the entry of a recommendation for the support of a dependent child by the master that has been approved by the district court pursuant to NRS 425.3844, or after entry of an order for the support of a dependent child by a district court regarding which the Chief is authorized to proceed pursuant to NRS 425.382 to 425.3852, inclusive, the responsible parent, the person entitled to support or the enforcing authority may move for the amount of the child support being enforced to be modified or adjusted in accordance with NRS 125B.145.

Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 425.383

  • person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039

2.  The motion must:

(a) Be in writing.

(b) Set out the reasons for the modification or adjustment.

(c) State the address of the moving party.

(d) Be served by the moving party upon the responsible parent or the person entitled to support, as appropriate, by first-class mail to the last known address of that person.

3.  The moving party shall mail or deliver a copy of the motion and the original return of service to the Chief.

4.  The Chief shall set the matter for a hearing within 30 days after the date of receipt of the motion unless a stipulated agreement between the parties is reached. The Chief shall send to the parties and person with physical custody of the dependent child a notice of the hearing by first-class mail to the last known address of those persons.

5.  A motion for modification or adjustment requested pursuant to this section does not prohibit the Chief from enforcing and collecting upon the existing order for support of a dependent child unless so ordered by the district court.

6.  The only support payments that may be modified or adjusted pursuant to this section are monthly support payments that:

(a) A court of this state has jurisdiction to modify pursuant to chapter 130 of NRS; and

(b) Accrue after the moving party serves notice that a motion has been filed for modification or adjustment.

7.  The party requesting the modification or adjustment has the burden of showing a change of circumstances and good cause for the modification or adjustment, unless the request is filed in accordance with subsection 1 of NRS 125B.145.