1. An order for the support of a child must, upon the filing of a request for review by:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 125B.145
- guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
(a) The Division of Welfare and Supportive Services of the Department of Health and Human Services, its designated representative or the district attorney, if the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services or the district attorney has jurisdiction in the case; or
(b) A parent or legal guardian of the child, be reviewed by the court at least every 3 years pursuant to this section to determine whether the order should be modified or adjusted. Each review conducted pursuant to this section must be in response to a separate request.
2. If the court:
(a) Does not have jurisdiction to modify the order, the court may forward the request to any court with appropriate jurisdiction.
(b) Has jurisdiction to modify the order and, taking into account the best interests of the child, determines that modification or adjustment of the order is appropriate, the court shall enter an order modifying or adjusting the previous order for support in accordance with the requirements of NRS 125B.070 and 125B.080.
3. The court shall ensure that:
(a) Each person who is subject to an order for the support of a child is notified, not less than once every 3 years, that the person may request a review of the order pursuant to this section; or
(b) An order for the support of a child includes notification that each person who is subject to the order may request a review of the order pursuant to this section.
4. An order for the support of a child may be reviewed at any time on the basis of changed circumstances. For the purposes of this subsection, a change of 20 percent or more in the gross monthly income of a person who is subject to an order for the support of a child shall be deemed to constitute changed circumstances requiring a review for modification of the order for the support of a child.
5. As used in this section:
(a) ’Gross monthly income’ has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 125B.070.
(b) ’Order for the support of a child’ means such an order that was issued or is being enforced by a court of this State.