1. The Department shall not issue an identification card to an offender or renew the identification card of an offender until the Department has received information submitted by the Central Repository pursuant to NRS 179D.570 or other satisfactory evidence indicating that the offender is in compliance with the provisions of chapter 179D of NRS.
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 483.861
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
2. If an offender is not in compliance with the provisions of chapter 179D of NRS, the Department:
(a) Shall not issue an identification card to the offender or renew the identification card of the offender; and
(b) Shall advise the offender to contact the Central Repository to determine the actions that the offender must take to be in compliance with the provisions of chapter 179D of NRS.
3. An identification card issued to an offender expires on the first anniversary date of the offender’s birthday, measured in the case of an original identification card, a renewal identification card and a renewal of an expired identification card, from the birthday nearest the date of issuance or renewal.
4. The Department may adopt regulations to carry out the provisions of this section.
5. As used in this section:
(a) ’Central Repository’ means the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History.