The court in which any conviction is had or any plea of guilty entered to a charge of an offense under the “Comprehensive Drug Reform Act of 1987,” N.J.S.2C:35-1 et al., involving the use, possession, manufacture, dispensing or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance, controlled dangerous substance analog or drug paraphernalia, or in which any adjudication of juvenile delinquency is made on the basis of an act which if committed by an adult would constitute such an offense, shall ascertain whether the offense or act took place upon leased residential premises in which the defendant was a resident at the time of the offense or act, and upon ascertaining that it did so occur shall cause notice of the conviction, plea or adjudication to be forthwith transmitted to the owner of those premises or his appropriate agent.
L.1989, c.294, s.3.
Terms Used In New Jersey Statutes 2C:35-16.1
- Agent: means an authorized person who acts on behalf of or at the direction of a manufacturer, distributor, or dispenser but does not include a common or contract carrier, public warehouseman, or employee thereof. See New Jersey Statutes 2C:35-2
- Controlled dangerous substance: means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through V, any substance the distribution of which is specifically prohibited in N. See New Jersey Statutes 2C:35-2
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion, or processing of a controlled dangerous substance or controlled substance analog, either directly or by extraction from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container, except that this term does not include the preparation or compounding of a controlled dangerous substance or controlled substance analog by an individual for his own use or the preparation, compounding, packaging, or labeling of a controlled dangerous substance: . See New Jersey Statutes 2C:35-2
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.