|§ 53-12-2||Articles of incorporation|
|§ 53-12-3||Filing of articles of incorporation|
|§ 53-12-4||Effect of incorporation|
|§ 53-12-5||Organization meeting of directors|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 53 > Article 12
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.