|§ 10-202||Articles of incorporation; violation; classification|
|§ 10-204||Actions before incorporation; liability|
|§ 10-205||Organization of corporation|
|§ 10-207||Emergency bylaws|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 10 > Chapter 2 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Cardholder: means a qualifying patient, a designated caregiver, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a independent third-party laboratory agent who has been issued and possesses a valid registry identification card. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Certificate of disclosure: means the certificate of disclosure described in section 10-202. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Class: refers to a group of memberships that have the same rights with respect to voting, dissolution, redemption and transfer. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deliver: includes sending by mail, private courier, fax or electronic transmission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Delivery: means actual receipt by the person or entity to which directed and for electronic transmissions means receipt as described in section 44-7015, subsection B. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the department of health services or its successor agency. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Designated caregiver: means a person who:
(a) Is at least twenty-one years of age. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Employee: includes an officer but not a director. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Independent third-party laboratory: means an entity that has a national or international accreditation and that is certified by the department to analyze marijuana cultivated for medical use. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Independent third-party laboratory agent: means an owner, employee or volunteer of a certified independent third-party laboratory who is at least twenty-one years of age and who has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Known place of business: means the known place of business required to be maintained pursuant to section 10-501. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Marijuana: means all parts of any plant of the genus cannabis whether growing or not, and the seeds of such plant. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Medical use: means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, administration, delivery, transfer or transportation of marijuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marijuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the patient's debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary: means a not-for-profit entity that acquires, possesses, cultivates, manufactures, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, sells or dispenses marijuana or related supplies and educational materials to cardholders. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent: means a principal officer, board member, employee or volunteer of a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary who is at least twenty-one years of age and has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Proceeding: includes a civil suit and a criminal, administrative and investigatory action. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Qualifying patient: means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Registry identification card: means a document issued by the department that identifies a person as a registered qualifying patient, a registered designated caregiver, a registered nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a registered independent third-party laboratory agent. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- trustees: means individuals, designated in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and individuals elected or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the board. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Verification system: means a secure, password-protected, web-based system that is established and maintained by the department and that is available to law enforcement personnel and nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agents on a twenty-four-hour basis for verifying registry identification cards. See Arizona Laws 36-2801