Terms Used In New York Laws > General Business > Article 21-A - Fraudulent Transactions in Securities
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.