|§ 90||Enlistment, Period of Service, Transfer, Discharge, and Extension of Enlistment|
|§ 91||Contract and Oath of Enlistment|
|§ 92||Promotion and Reduction|
|§ 94||Dropping From the Rolls|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Military > Article 4
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.