|§ 920||Statement of Legislative Findings and Purpose|
|§ 922||Urban Initiative Contracts|
|§ 923||General and Administrative Provisions|
|§ 924||Transfer of Authority, Administration and Appropriations|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Private Housing Finance > Article 16-A
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Child: means any person or persons alleged to have been abused or neglected, whichever the case may be;
(c) "A case involving abuse" means any proceeding under this article in which there are allegations that one or more of the children of, or the legal responsibility of, the respondent are abused children;
(d) "Drug" means any substance defined as a controlled substance in section thirty-three hundred six of the public health law;
(e) "Abused child" means a child less than eighteen years of age whose parent or other person legally responsible for his care
(i) inflicts or allows to be inflicted upon such child physical injury by other than accidental means which causes or creates a substantial risk of death, or serious or protracted disfigurement, or protracted impairment of physical or emotional health or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily organ, or
(ii) creates or allows to be created a substantial risk of physical injury to such child by other than accidental means which would be likely to cause death or serious or protracted disfigurement, or protracted impairment of physical or emotional health or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily organ, or
(iii) (A) commits, or allows to be committed an offense against such child defined in article one hundred thirty of the penal law; (B) allows, permits or encourages such child to engage in any act described in sections 230. See N.Y. Family Court Law 1012
- Child protective agency: means the child protective service of the appropriate local department of social services or such other agencies with whom the local department has arranged for the provision of child protective services under the local plan for child protective services or an Indian tribe that has entered into an agreement with the state department of social services pursuant to section thirty-nine of the social services law to provide child protective services. See N.Y. Family Court Law 1012
- Commissioner: shall mean the commissioner of the state division of housing and community renewal. See N.Y. Private Housing Finance Law 921
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: shall mean the housing trust fund corporation established in section forty-five-a of this chapter. See N.Y. Private Housing Finance Law 921
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Division: shall mean the division of housing and community renewal. See N.Y. Private Housing Finance Law 921
- Division urban initiatives program: shall mean the program heretofore administered by the division pursuant to appropriations and reappropriations for the purposes of urban initiatives programs. See N.Y. Private Housing Finance Law 921
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Municipality: shall mean any unit of local government within the state with a population of more than twenty thousand persons. See N.Y. Private Housing Finance Law 921
- Parent: means a person who is recognized under the laws of the state of New York to be the child's legal parent. See N.Y. Family Court Law 1012
- Permanency hearing: means a hearing held in accordance with section one thousand eighty-nine of this act for the purpose of reviewing the foster care status of the child and the appropriateness of the permanency plan developed by the social services district or agency. See N.Y. Family Court Law 1012
- Person legally responsible: includes the child's custodian, guardian, any other person responsible for the child's care at the relevant time. See N.Y. Family Court Law 1012
- projects: shall mean a specific work or series of works for the revitalization and improvement of a neighborhood through creation, preservation or improvement of residential housing units; preservation or improvement of local commercial facilities and public facilities or other aspects of the area environment which include as part of its project the creation, preservation or improvement of residential housing units. See N.Y. Private Housing Finance Law 921