When used in this article:
Terms Used In N.Y. Executive Law 155-A
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
1. “Districts” shall mean fire districts created pursuant to article eleven of the town law.
2. “Fire companies” shall mean fire companies governed by the not-for-profit corporation law.
3. “Municipal corporations” shall mean a county, city, town and village.
4. “Municipalities” shall mean municipal corporations.
5. “Sprinkler system” shall mean a system of piping and appurtenances designed and installed in accordance with generally accepted standards so that heat from a fire will automatically cause water to be discharged over the fire area to extinguish it or prevent its further spread.