As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In N.Y. Executive Law 550
- Executive director: shall mean the executive director of the justice center for the protection of people with special needs. See N.Y. Executive Law 550
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
1. “Executive director” shall mean the executive director of the justice center for the protection of people with special needs.
2. “Mental hygiene facility” shall mean a facility as defined in subdivision six of § 1.03 of the mental hygiene law and facilities for the operation of which an operating certificate is required pursuant to Article sixteen or thirty-one of the mental hygiene law and including family care homes. “Mental hygiene facility” also means a secure treatment facility as defined by Article 10 of the mental hygiene law. This term shall not include services defined in subparagraph four of subdivision (a) of § 16.03 of the mental hygiene law.
3. “Reportable incident” shall have the same meaning as defined in subdivision one of § 488 of the social services law.
4. “State oversight agency” shall mean the state agency that operates, licenses or certifies an applicable facility or provider agency as defined in subdivision four of § 488 of the social services law; provided however that such term shall only include the following entities: the office of mental health, the office for people with developmental disabilities, the office of alcoholism and substance abuse services, the office of children and family services, the department of health and the state education department. “State oversight agency” does not include agencies that are certification agencies pursuant to federal law or regulation. For purposes of this article, “state oversight agency” shall include the justice center for the protection of people with special needs.
5. “Vulnerable person” shall mean a person who, due to physical or cognitive disabilities, or the need for services or placement, is receiving services from a facility or provider agency as defined in subdivision four of § 488 of the social services law.
6. “Individual with a disability,” except as used in subdivision (b) of section five hundred fifty-eight of this article, shall mean a person with a disability as defined in subdivision twenty-one of section two hundred ninety-two of this chapter.