1. No person shall engage in business as an automobile broker business, as defined in section seven hundred thirty-six of this article, without first having been issued a certificate of registration for an automobile broker business pursuant to paragraph c of subdivision seven of section four hundred fifteen of the vehicle and traffic law.
Terms Used In N.Y. General Business Law 736-A
- Automobile broker business: means any person who, for a fee, commission or other valuable consideration, regardless of whether such fee, commission, or consideration is paid directly by a consumer, offers to provide, provides, or represents that he or she will provide a service of purchasing, arranging, assisting, facilitating or effecting the purchase or lease of an automobile as agent, broker, or intermediary for a consumer. See N.Y. General Business Law 736
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, or any other business entity. See N.Y. General Business Law 736
2. A certificate of registration for an automobile broker business shall not permit the registrant to display for sale or lease any new or used motor vehicles without registration as a dealer under section four hundred fifteen of the vehicle and traffic law.