Applicants for license shall file applications under oath with the state department of health upon forms prescribed. Applications must be signed by the owner, or in the case of a corporation by two of its officers, or in the case of a county or municipal unit by the head of the governmental department having jurisdiction over it. Applications must set forth the full name and address of the owner of the institution for which license is sought, the names of the persons in control thereof, and such additional information as the state department of health may require, including affirmative evidence of ability to comply with such minimum standards, rules, and regulations as may be lawfully prescribed pursuant to this section. An application for a license for facilities not owned by the state or its political subdivisions must be accompanied by the following fees:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 23-16-03
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute means the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Oath: includes "affirmation". See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
1. For each licensed acute care bed, ten dollars.
2. For each licensed skill care bed, ten dollars.
License fees collected pursuant to this section must be deposited in the state department of health services operating fund in the state treasury and any expenditure from the fund is subject to appropriation by the legislative assembly.