An action for any of the following causes must be tried in the county in which the subject of the action, or some part of the subject, is situated, subject to the power of the court to change the place of trial in the cases provided by sections 28-04-09 and 28-04-10:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 28-04-02
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute means the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
1. For the recovery of personal property distrained for any cause; and
2. For recovery on an insurance policy for loss or damage to the property insured, and such property at the time of its loss or damage is deemed the subject matter of the action.