Notwithstanding section 32-03.2-02, in an action by any person to recover direct and indirect damages for injury to property, the damages may not be diminished in proportion to the amount of contributing fault attributable to the person recovering, or otherwise, if:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 32-03.2-02.1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
1. The person seeking damages is seeking property damages resulting from a motor vehicle accident in which two persons are at fault;
2. The person seeking damages is seeking to recover direct physical property damages of not more than five thousand dollars and indirect physical property damages not to exceed one thousand dollars; and
3. The percentage of fault of the person against whom recovery is sought is over fifty percent.
This section applies regardless as to whether the person seeking direct and indirect damages for injury to property also seeks damages for personal injury, however, damages for personal injury are not available under this section.