The lessee of real property may terminate the lease before the end of the term agreed upon:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 47-16-17
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
1. When the lessor does not fulfill the lessor’s obligations, if any, within a reasonable time after request, as to placing and securing the lessee in the quiet possession of the property leased, or putting it into a good condition, or repairing it; or
2. When the greater part of the property leased, or that part which was, and which the lessor had reason to believe was, the material inducement to the lessee to enter into the contract, perishes from any cause other than the ordinary negligence of the lessee.