1. This chapter does not apply to any person acting pursuant to a valid court order, warrant, or subpoena, a subpoena by the attorney general pursuant to this chapter or chapter 51-15, or other valid legal process.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 51-34-04
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
2. This chapter does not prevent any action by a law enforcement agency, or any officer, employee, or agent of such agency, to obtain telephone records in connection with the performance of the official duties of the agency as authorized by law.