1. Notwithstanding section 29-03-01.1, a person who, while outside this state, engages in conduct in violation of section 51-34-02 is subject to prosecution under this chapter in the courts of this state. Except as provided in subsection 2, the venue is in the county in which the customer or victim resides or any other county in which any part of the crime occurred.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 51-34-03
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
2. When a person commits violations of this section in more than one county involving either one or more customers or victims or the commission of acts constituting an element of the offense, the multiple offenses may be consolidated for commencement of prosecution in any county where one of the offenses was committed.