(A) As a means of protecting the public, each asbestos hazard abatement contractor licensed under this chapter shall maintain records of all asbestos hazard abatement projects which the contractor performs and make these records available to the the director of environmental protection upon request. The licensee shall maintain the records for at least thirty years.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3710.09
- Asbestos: means the asbestiform varieties of serpentine (chrysotile), riebeckite (crocidolite), cummingtonite-grunerite, anthophylite, and actinolite-tremolite as determined using the method specified in 40 C. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Asbestos hazard abatement project: includes any such activity involving such friable asbestos-containing materials in an amount of fifty linear feet or fifty square feet or less if, when combined with any other reasonably related activity in terms of time or location of the activity, the total amount is in an amount greater than fifty linear feet or fifty square feet. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Person: means any individual, business entity, governmental body, or other public or private entity. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Rule: includes regulation. See Ohio Code 1.59
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(B) The records required by this section shall include all of the following:
(1) The name, social security number, and address of the person who supervised the asbestos hazard abatement project;
(2) The names and social security numbers of all workers at the job site;
(3) The location and description of the asbestos hazard abatement project and the amount of asbestos-containing material that was removed;
(4) The starting and completion dates of each asbestos hazard abatement project;
(5) A summary of the procedures that were used to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards;
(6) The name and address of each asbestos disposal site where the waste containing asbestos was deposited;
(7) Any other information that the director , by rule, requires.
Amended by 132nd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 49, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2018.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-08-1992 .