(A) No person other than the director of environmental protection shall conduct or offer to conduct any initial or review training course or examination required by this chapter unless that person is approved to sponsor the courses and examinations under this section. In conducting any such course or examination, the director and the approved person shall administer the courses and examinations according to the United States environmental protection agency “Model Accreditation Plan,” 40 C.F.R. 763, Subpart E, Appendix C, and the rules of the director adopted pursuant to division (A)(3) of section 3710.02 of the Revised Code. A person may apply for approval or renewal of a course on the health and safety aspects of asbestos hazard abatement activities which meets the requirements of division (A)(3) of section 3710.07 of the Revised Code by submitting a written application on forms provided by the director.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3710.10
- Asbestos: means the asbestiform varieties of serpentine (chrysotile), riebeckite (crocidolite), cummingtonite-grunerite, anthophylite, and actinolite-tremolite as determined using the method specified in 40 C. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Person: means any individual, business entity, governmental body, or other public or private entity. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- United States: includes all the states. See Ohio Code 1.59
(B) In order to obtain or renew approval, a person sponsoring a course shall substantially satisfy all of the following criteria:
(1) Provide courses of instruction and examinations that meet the requirements of division (A) of this section;
(2) Ensure that instruction is given or supervised by personnel with sufficient education and experience as determined in rules adopted by the director;
(3) Maintain lists of students trained and the dates on which training occurred for at least twenty years, and make this information available to the director upon request.
(C) In order to obtain or renew approval, a person sponsoring an initial course or a review course annually shall apply to the director for approval. In applying, the person shall submit the fee set forth in division (D) of section 3710.05 of the Revised Code along with any increase in fee adopted pursuant to division (A)(4) of section 3710.02 of the Revised Code.
(1) The director shall act or acknowledge receipt of an application within ten working days after receiving the application.
(2) The director shall act on the application within ninety days after it is complete.
(3) The director shall grant contingent approval of an application if the director determines the course substantially satisfies or will substantially satisfy the criteria in this chapter and the rules adopted by the director.
(4) The director may deny or revoke approval of a course if the director determines the course does not or will not substantially satisfy the criteria in this chapter or the rules adopted by the director.
(5) The director shall grant final approval of a course only after an on-site audit by the director which reveals that the course substantially satisfies the criteria in this chapter and the rules adopted by the director. Course approvals expire one year from the date of final approval under division (D)(5) of this section.
(E) Each course approval issued under this section expires one year after the date of issue, but a person who received approval may apply to the director for renewal under the standard renewal procedures of Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code. The fee prescribed in section 3710.05 of the Revised Code must accompany the application.
Amended by 132nd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 49, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2018.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-08-1992 .