As used in this chapter:
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3728.01
- Certified nurse practitioner: means an advanced practice registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4723. See Ohio Code 1.64
- Certified nurse-midwife: means an advanced practice registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4723. See Ohio Code 1.64
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Clinical nurse specialist: means an advanced practice registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4723. See Ohio Code 1.64
- Physician assistant: means an individual who is licensed under Chapter 4730. See Ohio Code 1.64
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession thereof, and any area subject to the legislative authority of the United States of America. See Ohio Code 1.59
(A) “Administer epinephrine” means to inject an individual with epinephrine using an autoinjector in a manufactured dosage form.
(B) “Prescriber” means an individual who is authorized by law to prescribe drugs or dangerous drugs or drug therapy related devices in the course of the individual’s professional practice, including only the following:
(2) A physician authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, or podiatric medicine and surgery;
(3) A physician assistant who is licensed under Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code, holds a valid prescriber number issued by the state medical board, and has been granted physician-delegated prescriptive authority.
(C) “Qualified entity” means any public or private entity that is associated with a location where allergens capable of causing anaphylaxis may be present, including child day-care centers, colleges and universities, places of employment, restaurants, amusement parks, recreation camps, sports playing fields and arenas, and other similar locations, except that “qualified entity” does not include either of the following:
(1) A chartered or nonchartered nonpublic school; community school; science, technology, engineering, and mathematics school; or a school operated by the board of education of a city, local, exempted village, or joint vocational school district;
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 200, §1, eff. 9/8/2016.