(1) Violation of ORS 702.027 is a Class A misdemeanor.
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 702.991
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint stock companies. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
(2) An athlete agent who violates ORS 702.030 (1)(b) is guilty of a Class C felony.
(3) Violation of the athlete agent’s 72-hour notice requirement provided under ORS 702.054 (1) is a Class C felony.
(4) It is a Class A misdemeanor for any person to conduct business as an athlete agent in the State of Oregon unless the person has a valid certificate of registration issued pursuant to ORS 702.012 or 702.019.
(5) It is a Class A misdemeanor for any person to represent to another person by verbal claim, advertisement, letterhead, business card or any other means that the person is an athlete agent unless the person has a valid certificate of registration issued pursuant to ORS 702.012 or 702.019. [1999 c.1079 § 12; 2005 c.525 § 20; 2017 c.113 § 12; 2019 c.92 § 2]