Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 23-20.8
- Board: means the Rhode Island State Board of Licensed Massage Therapists as established within this chapter. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-20.8-1.
- body-works services: means body rubs, body stimulation, manipulation, or conditioning of any part or parts of the body, spa services, and spa treatments performed by any person not licensed under title 23. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-20.8-1.
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16.
- Massage therapist: means a person engaged in the practice of massage and is licensed in accordance with this chapter of the general laws of the state of Rhode Island. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-20.8-1.
- oath: includes affirmation; the word "sworn" includes affirmed; and the word "engaged" includes either sworn or affirmed. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-11.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6.
- Practice of massage: means the manual manipulation of the soft tissues of the human body through the systematic application of massage techniques including: effleurage, petrissage, compression, friction, vibration, percussion, pressure, positional holding, movement, range of motion for purposes of demonstrating muscle excursion or muscle flexibility, and nonspecific stretching. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-20.8-1.
- town: may be construed to include city; the words "town council" include city council; the words "town clerk" include city clerk; the words "ward clerk" include clerk of election district; the words "town treasurer" include city treasurer; and the words "town sergeant" include city sergeant. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-9.
- United States: include the several states and the territories of the United States. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-8.