|§ 34-13.2-1||Short title|
|§ 34-13.2-3||Validity of electronic documents|
|§ 34-13.2-4||Recording of documents|
|§ 34-13.2-5||Administration and standards|
|§ 34-13.2-6||Relation to electronic signatures in global and national commerce act|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 34-13.2 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Document: means information that is:
(i) Inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form; and
(ii) Eligible to be recorded in the land records maintained by the recorder of deeds. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- Electronic: means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- Electronic document: means a document that is received by the recorder of deeds in an electronic form. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- Electronic signature: means an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a document and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the document. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited-liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Recorder of deeds: means the officer who has authority under state law to accept documents for recording in the land records office. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- seal: shall be construed to include an impression of the seal made with or without the use of wax or wafer on the paper. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-15
- State: means the state of Rhode Island. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-13.2-2
- town: may be construed to include city; the words "town council" include city council; the words "town clerk" include city clerk; the words "ward clerk" include clerk of election district; the words "town treasurer" include city treasurer; and the words "town sergeant" include city sergeant. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-9