Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 34-8
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- United States: include the several states and the territories of the United States. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-8