(1) His or her husband or wife has remained continually for seven years beyond the sea or continually absented himself or herself from such person for the space of seven years together, such person not knowing his or her wife or husband to be living within that time;
Terms Used In This Law
- conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(2) He or she was married before the age of consent;
(3) His or her wife or husband is under sentence of imprisonment for life; or
(4) His or her marriage has been annulled or he or she has been divorced by decree of a competent tribunal having jurisdiction both of the cause and the parties;
On conviction, be punished by imprisonment in the Penitentiary for not more than five years nor less than six months or by imprisonment in the jail for six months and by a fine of not less than five hundred dollars.