South Carolina Code > Title 46 > Chapter 37 – Introduction of Honey Bees Into State
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 46 > Chapter 37 - Introduction of Honey Bees Into State
- Area: means apiary, beeyard, colony, organized or otherwise, or any other place where bees are found to colonize. See South Carolina Code 46-37-05
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Commission: means the South Carolina State Crop Pest Commission, as designated by the board of trustees of Clemson University or an officer, employee, or designee of the commission to whom authority has been given by the commission. See South Carolina Code 46-37-05
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Director: means the Director of Regulatory and Public Service Programs, Clemson University. See South Carolina Code 46-37-05
- Disease: means contagious and infectious disease, including, but not limited to, American Foulbrood, European Foulbrood, Isle of Wight disease, or any pests and parasites, including, but not limited to, Varroa Mite, Tracheal mite, Africanized bee, etc. See South Carolina Code 46-37-05
- Division: means the Division of Regulatory and Public Service Programs, Clemson University, and any of its employees, agents, and officials. See South Carolina Code 46-37-05
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.