As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “State” includes any territory of the United States and the District of Columbia;
- “Summons” includes a subpoena, order or other notice requiring the appearance of a witness; and
- “Witness” includes a person whose testimony is desired in any proceeding or investigation by a grand jury or in a criminal action, prosecution or proceeding.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 40-17-202
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Witness: includes a person whose testimony is desired in any proceeding or investigation by a grand jury or in a criminal action, prosecution or proceeding. See Tennessee Code 40-17-202