- As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Board” means the massage licensure board;
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 63-18-102
- Board: means the massage licensure board. See Tennessee Code 63-18-102
- Compensation: means the payment, loan, advance, donation, contribution, deposit or gift of money or anything of value. See Tennessee Code 63-18-102
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
(2) “Compensation” means the payment, loan, advance, donation, contribution, deposit or gift of money or anything of value;
(3) “Massage/bodywork/somatic” means the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body with the intention of positively affecting the health and well being of the client;
(4) “Massage establishment” means a place of business held out to the public wherein massage is practiced; and
(5) “Massage therapist” means a person who practices massage for compensation and is licensed by the board.