|§ 45-16-101||Chapter Definitions|
|§ 45-16-102||Usage Fees Authorized|
|§ 45-16-103||Usage Fees on Foreign Access Cards|
|§ 45-16-104||Rules and Regulations|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 45 > Chapter 16 - Automated Teller Machines
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Bank: means any person, as hereinafter defined, doing a banking business subject to the laws of this or any other jurisdiction and, for the purposes of supervision, examination and liquidation, includes industrial investment companies and industrial banks authorized by chapter 5 of this title. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Deposit: means a deposit of money, bonds or other things of value, creating a debtor-creditor relationship. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Electronic terminal: means an electronic device through which a person may initiate an electronic fund transfer to access the person's deposit, share, or other accounts or credit facility, and includes, but is not limited to, automated teller machines, cash dispensing machines, point of sale terminals, or other cash, debit, stored value, script, or cash equivalent device. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Financial institution: means a state or national bank, savings and loan association, savings bank, or credit union that owns or operates an electronic terminal. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Foreign access card: means any card or other device eligible for use in an electronic terminal where the foreign access card is not issued to the user by the owner or operator of the electronic terminal. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Oath: includes affirmation. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, firm, trust, estate, partnership, joint venture, or association. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Probate: Proving a will
- Savings and loan association: includes a building and loan association, a federal or state savings and loan association, a federal savings bank, and any other financial institution, the accounts of which are insured by the federal savings and loan insurance corporation (FSLIC) or any successor of such corporation. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Shared electronic network: means any system by which a person may initiate any financial transaction from an electronic terminal owned or operated by any person other than a financial institution with whom the person has a deposit, share, or other account or credit facility. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Usage fee: is a ny fee charged by the owner or operator of an electronic terminal on transactions by a holder of a foreign access card. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101