|§ 45-16-101||Chapter definitions|
|§ 45-16-102||Usage fees authorized|
|§ 45-16-103||Usage fees on foreign access cards|
|§ 45-16-104||Rules and regulations|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 45 > Chapter 16 - Automated Teller Machines
- Bank: means any person, as hereinafter defined, doing a banking business subject to the laws of this or any other jurisdiction and, for the purposes of supervision, examination and liquidation, includes industrial investment companies and industrial banks authorized by chapter 5 of this title. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Code: includes the Tennessee Code and all amendments and revisions to the code and all additions and supplements to the code. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Deposit: means a deposit of money, bonds or other things of value, creating a debtor-creditor relationship. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Electronic terminal: means an electronic device through which a person may initiate an electronic fund transfer to access the person's deposit, share, or other accounts or credit facility, and includes, but is not limited to, automated teller machines, cash dispensing machines, point of sale terminals, or other cash, debit, stored value, script, or cash equivalent device. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Financial institution: means a state or national bank, savings and loan association, savings bank, or credit union that owns or operates an electronic terminal. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Foreign access card: means any card or other device eligible for use in an electronic terminal where the foreign access card is not issued to the user by the owner or operator of the electronic terminal. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Person: means an individual, corporation, firm, trust, estate, partnership, joint venture, or association. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Savings and loan association: includes a building and loan association, a federal or state savings and loan association, a federal savings bank, and any other financial institution, the accounts of which are insured by the federal savings and loan insurance corporation (FSLIC) or any successor of such corporation. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Shared electronic network: means any system by which a person may initiate any financial transaction from an electronic terminal owned or operated by any person other than a financial institution with whom the person has a deposit, share, or other account or credit facility. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Usage fee: is a ny fee charged by the owner or operator of an electronic terminal on transactions by a holder of a foreign access card. See Tennessee Code 45-16-101
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105