|§ 6:1361||Short title|
|§ 6:1362||Intent; scope; effect|
|§ 6:1364||Compliance required|
|§ 6:1365||Lighting standards|
|§ 6:1366||Landscape and vegetation standards|
|§ 6:1367||Notice of customer safety information|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 6 > Chapter 19 - Automated Teller Machines/Night Depository Customer Safety Act
- Access area: means an outdoor area which is in the control of an operator and which is within a fifty-foot radius of an access facility. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Access facility: means an automated teller machine or a night depository. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Account: means a demand, checking, savings, or other deposit account, whether commercial or consumer, held directly by an operator. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Automated teller machine: means an electronic information processing device located in this state which accepts or dispenses cash in connection with an account or credit card. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- commercial paper: means short-term obligations having a maturity ranging from two to two hundred seventy days issued by banks, corporations, or other borrowers. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1223
- Control: means to have actual authority to direct the circumstances of use of an access area or access facility, including its maintenance, lighting, and landscaping. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Customer: means a person or other legal entity who owns an account provided by an operator whose access facility is being used. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Footcandle: means the light incident measured on a horizontal plane thirty-six inches above ground level. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Hours of darkness: means the period that commences thirty minutes after sunset and ends thirty minutes before sunrise. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Night depository: means a slot or compartment located in this state and provided by an operator to facilitate the delivery of cash or other negotiable instruments into a customer's account during non-business hours of operation. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Operator: means a state or national bank, savings association, credit union, industrial loans company, mutual savings bank, or other business entity that controls an access facility or access area. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC