|§ 4-12-301||Short title|
|§ 4-12-302||Tennessee state museum — Defined|
|§ 4-12-303||Powers of executive director|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 4 > Chapter 12 > Part 3
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- County mayor: means and includes "county executive" unless the context clearly indicates otherwise. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- District: means the central business district created by ordinance or resolution by a municipality, or a corridor of central business districts created by joint agreement of two (2) or more municipalities. See Tennessee Code 7-84-103
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Governing body: means the council or commission or other municipal body exercising general legislative power in the municipality or any county legislative body. See Tennessee Code 7-84-103
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Municipality: means any incorporated city, town, metropolitan government, or county of this state exercising general governmental functions in the state. See Tennessee Code 7-84-103
- Owner: means record owner in fee. See Tennessee Code 7-84-103
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: means the state of Tennessee. See Tennessee Code 8-34-101
- Tennessee state museum: means the facility operated as the military branch of the Tennessee state museum in the War Memorial Building, the facility located in the James K. See Tennessee Code 4-12-302
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.