|§ 56-40-101||Annual registration — Exclusion of catastrophic loss|
|§ 56-40-102||Registration requirements|
|§ 56-40-103||Accuracy of information|
|§ 56-40-104||Violations — Penalties|
|§ 56-40-105||Rules and regulations|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 56 > Chapter 40 - Indemnified Employee Welfare Benefit Plans
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of commerce and insurance. See Tennessee Code 56-1-102
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- In loco parentis: means "in the place of a parent" and refers to the legal responsibility taken by a person or organization to assume some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent or legal guardian. See Tennessee Code 34-6-401
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Minor: means any person who has not attained eighteen (18) years of age and who has not otherwise been emancipated. See Tennessee Code 34-1-101
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: means any individual, nonhuman entity or governmental agency. See Tennessee Code 34-1-101
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- signed: includes a mark, the name being written near the mark and witnessed, or any other symbol or methodology executed or adopted by a party with intention to authenticate a writing or record, regardless of being witnessed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105