|Chapter 81||Work and Family Policies|
|Chapter 82||Discharge of Liability Under Certain Employee Benefit Plans|
Terms Used In Texas Labor Code > Title 2 > Subtitle D
- beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- donor: The person who makes a gift.
- gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- legatee: A beneficiary of a decedent
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Written: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols, or figures. See Texas Government Code 311.005