|§ 66-28-301||Security deposits|
|§ 66-28-302||Address of landlord or agent|
|§ 66-28-303||Possession of dwelling|
|§ 66-28-304||Maintenance by landlord|
|§ 66-28-305||Limitation of landlord’s liability|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 66 > Chapter 28 > Part 3 - Landlord Obligations
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105