|§ 66-35-101||“Local Governmental Unit” Defined|
|§ 66-35-102||Rent Control by Local Governments Prohibited — Zoning Provisions — Affordable Housing|
|§ 66-35-103||Management of Government-Owned Property Excepted|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 66 > Chapter 35 - Rent Control
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of correction. See Tennessee Code 40-28-102
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- local governmental unit: means any political subdivision of the state, including, but not limited to, counties or incorporated municipalities, if such political subdivision provides local government services for residents in a geographically limited area of the state as its primary purpose and has the power to act primarily on behalf of that area. See Tennessee Code 66-35-101
- Parole: means the release of a prisoner to the community by the board prior to the expiration of the prisoner's term subject to conditions imposed by the board and to supervision by the department, or when a court or other authority has issued a warrant against the prisoner and the board, in its discretion, has released the prisoner to answer the warrant of the court or authority. See Tennessee Code 40-28-102
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- real property: include lands, tenements and hereditaments, and all rights thereto and interests therein, equitable as well as legal. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105